Hello from Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbear

Junior
Reaction score
I got away from wine making for a few decades and it seems things have gotten more complicated. Which is why I'm here. This spring my daughter came to me and said "Dad, I'd like to try some dandelion wine this year." "Starting a little late aren't you?" I asked. "Why, she replied, It's only April, the dandelions have barely started popping up.

Yes but you're 17, I made my first batch at 14. So your starting a little late, I explained.

Well it was so dry this spring the dandelions only bloomed for a couple days and we missed them. The strawberry crop was weak and the same with our grapes. However our friends had a bumper crop of apples so we built a press and have had 10 gallons of apple wine perking since October. Well, 5 gallons of apple wine, last time I racked one jug I topped it off with cranberry juice just out of curiosity.

Hi Jbear,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Glad to hear your daughter talked you back into making wine.

Welcome back to the wine world. I think you will enjoy the forum here.

You must be a very patient person! I tried to pick dandelions this year... I even enlisted the help of kids some local kids out at the local ball field... and quickly gave up that endeavor! So much work! haha!

Welcome back to the wine world. I think you will enjoy the forum here.

You must be a very patient person! I tried to pick dandelions this year... I even enlisted the help of kids some local kids out at the local ball field... and quickly gave up that endeavor! So much work! haha!

I use one of those long claw devices intended to retrieve dropped nuts and bolts. Saves bending over.

My plan 2011 is to plant extra mint and jalapenos in the garden. I want to try a small batch of each.

Latest posts

Back