Hello from Indiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick I am in Marion as well. I'm up on 15 between Marion and Converse.

Just got from meijers and they gave me 2 4 gal. buckets (primary fermentators) from the bakery for free and said i can have as many as i want. will make 2 3 gal musts and rack em both in the 6 gal carboy :) now i get to have multiple batches goin at once...

Ok, just racked the wine into the carboy. Now I am suppose to wait 10 days and then add the metabisulphate, sorbate and sparkolloid. It is very very brown looking and also a few oak chips made their way into the carboy. Question is should i rack it again in 10 days? If so, should I rack it before or after adding the additives?

I may be a bit late on this one, but the best advice anyone can give to a wine kit is to follow the kit instructions exactly as they read. with that said, I would add K-meta and sorbate after the 10 days (when the wine is at an SG lower than 1.000 and remains unchanged for three consecutive days. Stir it up real well in the carboy, move it to your basement, (cooler temps) and let er sit for about 30 days or so then rack to a clean, sanitized carboy. Degas, and let sit for another 6 months or so until clear, rack again, let set another month or so to see if any more sediments drops out, back sweeten, bottle, age, and enjoy.

now that that's out of the way, welcome aboard neighbor, thank you for you sacrifices.
If you ever take an hour and a half road trip noth, look me up.

Latest posts

Back