Hello from Extremadura...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxenburg

Junior
Reaction score
My wife and I are retired...bought a smallholding (8 acres) in a remote part of Spain a few years ago...only because it had a good view. We couldn't decide what, if anything, to do with the land...but we drilled a borehole and decided to plant some vines. A few years on, we make an OK wine...but struggle to sell in an overtraded market. But there's an enjoyable rhythm to growing and harvesting vines.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_184941.jpg
    IMG_20240331_184941.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240331_192528.jpg
    IMG_20240331_192528.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240331_192626.jpg
    IMG_20240331_192626.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
My wife and I are retired...bought a smallholding (8 acres) in a remote part of Spain a few years ago...only because it had a good view. We couldn't decide what, if anything, to do with the land...but we drilled a borehole and decided to plant some vines. A few years on, we make an OK wine...but struggle to sell in an overtraded market. But there's an enjoyable rhythm to growing and harvesting vines.
Welcome to WMT. Beautiful view. Why sell your wine? The point is to enjoy the journey. I know some who sell their grapes to others and make a little wine for themselves. Competing with the "Bigboys" without lots of experience and luck can lead to frustration. May on this forum I have followed have been making wine for lots of years. Every year is different, and everyone learns. Steel sharpens steel and the more one learns the better (hopefully) one becomes in their choses endeavor.
then again there are golfers who after 20 years of playing still slice and can't put. but they enjoy the game anyway.

Latest posts

Back