Has anyone heard from Sangwitch?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I know Lima is quite a ways north of where the hardest hit towns are, but wondered if anyone has heard from him since the earthquake. I just sent him an email and will let you know if he answers. Hopefully he is safe and sound on firm ground.

That will be another tale for him to tell as soon as he comes north again for a visit. I hadn't even thought about him being near the earthquake.

Hey y'all. I'm alive and well and I appreciate the concern! I had quite a ride down here I have to say. Actually, it hasn't quite ended yet as we've experienced many after shocks since the big one. I live right on the water and we received the worse of it (as far as Lima is concerned). Like Joan says, the hardest hit towns are South of here - Pisco, Ica and a few others - where the houses are still made of adobe and topple quite easily. My apartment sustained quite a bit of damage, but it's still standing. I'm not sure it would withstand another quake of that magnitude though. All the walls are thick cement and all are cracked. I'll try and post some pics soon.

I was in a little plaza area that overlooks the ocean when the quake started. At first I thought my legs just felt rubbery, but then I noticed everyone was running and some people were screaming. The shaking went on for well over two minutes and people were in a complete panic. It was very surreal.

Anyway, I'm fine. Thanks for thinking of me. We're doing what we can to help down here, but we can't actually get to the towns that need help digging because the highway is out and they're only letting emergency vehicles, etc. through. Plus there are some 600 escaped convicts on the loose down there! So my work has been busy collecting food and money to send that way.

Please say a prayer for the Peruvian people today.Edited by: sangwitch

Glad to hear you are ok buddy and have already had those people in our prayers.

Ok, I can breathe now! Glad to know you're okay, Sang! Thanks for posting.

Prayers going out to all who need them.

Glad to hear you are OK Sang. It's amazing what a little shaking of the ground can do - and scary. Can't wait for you to get back home. Good luck.

WOW!!! Sometimes you just think the World is falling apart....so many events affecting so many people.....So many to pray for.

Glad to hear from you Sang and our prayers are always out there for anyone who needs them.

Sang,

Glad you are safe. I was in a small quake in 2003 in Virginia of all places and it is very surreal and your legs feel so strange and the rumbling goes right to your core.....nothing I'm sure comparied to what you went through, but that little taste was enough for me.
Best Wishes for you...........
Ramona

Sang,
I'm glad to hear you are OK!I'm praying for everyone in that area.May angels protect you all and keep you safe!

Back