HAPPY FATHERS DAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Happy Fathers Day to all of us Dad's here on the forum. I guess it is permissable to be wishing myself a Happy Fathers Day.
smiley4.gif

Happy Father's Day to all of us. I remember the day I became a father very well. My wife got me up at 7:00 AM to take her to the hospital. I had three mid terms that day (went back to college after the service) and I aced all three, German, Physics and Calculus. Never did that before or since!

My oldest son was born on Fathers day! Every few years his birthday falls on Fathers day. It makes it easy to remember his birthday. Anyway, Happy Fathers day, Guys!!!

My Daughter and Grandchildren will be over for a light lunch.

In the meantime, we have two neighbors who are really hurting. One couple has a daughter with stage IV ovarian cancer and she has days to live. The other's husbandis coming home from the hospital today after passing out at home. They suspect a mini stoke. He has had quadruple by-pass surgery and is not in good shape.

So, we are doing what Italians love to do, Cook! We are making baked manicotti, grilled pork tenderloin, green bean salad and fresh bread (and of course a bottle of wine) for both families. This is purely shelfishness on our part because we enjoy helping our friends.

Rocky, Im coming over for dinner!!!! Nothing planned as of yet but go out fishing later for Stripers.

I spent the whole day on a green grassy meadow cut a few inches high at a small mountain valley airstrip in the Adirondacks- a little place called Keene Valley. We had a Farmer's Market there today and I went and set up to introduce tourists and locals alike to my wine offerings. The weather was in the mid 70's, not a cloud in the bright blue sky with 0% humidity. There was a large Kite Festival where they were flying all sorts of large kites. Probably about 75 vendors and hundred upon hundreds of visitors.

Not a bad day to spend, I just wish my boys had gotten up to share it with me today. I got a bit tired after the third market in three days.

Next weekend is HS Graduation for my youngest son. I even got to meet his art teacher today (the son is going to Art School).

That sounds like a great day, Rich.

Where is your son going to art school? I spent some time in Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Great school. I think the same company has institutes in several large cities. I know there is one in Columbus, Ohio near me.

My birthday is 5/8, and SWMBO's is 6/19, do this year, and every few, my birthday falls on mother's day and hers falls on father's day.

Latest posts

Back