Growlers?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvbrewer

Reaction score
I was wondering does anyone use these cool bottles? When we were at our LHBS the wife seen one and had to get it. I know 2L is a lot of beer in one bottle, but I quess it would be ok if you were at a gathering.

Dave

Got a picture or description of these growlers? Because the term 'growlers' seems to cover a lot of different bottles. In one brew pub, it meant a jug with a screw top, in another it was an EZ-Cap (Grolsch) style closure.

Steve

Like Steves said there are different ones. But, if you keg and just want to bring some to party both will work. If you plan on bottling just use the crown (E-Z cap) cap ones.

Some of our local beer stores dispense beer in growlers and I've had a few in my fridge. You have to get it consumed before it goes flat - not an unpleasant chore at all. :)

Thanks guys,

We have a 2 liter one with a swing top type closer on on it. I have not decided what to do with it yet, but it is cool. We spend a lot of time up in Gettysburg Pa, and a local micro brewery sells thier beer in growlers with screw caps. I wonder if they will let us use ours.

Thanks, steve that was a good article.

Dave

Latest posts

Back