Cellar Craft Grenache Quartet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbachta

Junior
Reaction score
Fed Ex delivered it today! Initial reading is 23.5 Brix, will measure again in the AM, but it smells good. Added Opti Red and Lallzyme EX. Will pitch yeast tomorrow, GRE. If anyone else ordered this it would be interesting to compare stories.

Checked back Saturday PM and Brix was 25. Pitched the yeast and tucked her in. Checked in again this AM before work and fermentation was taking off. I will take some pictures tonight and post.

20110124_211629_IMAG0064.jpg
20110124_211647_IMAG0065.jpg

Just did my measurements for today down to 20 brix @ 74 degrees. I usually try to get it up to 80 for a day then let it drop back down but I may let this one go a little cooler.

Looks great!!

Hey, that fermentor looks really full. Watch out that it doesn't foam over. Maybe set the fermentor inside a small tub, just in case it overflows.

Keeps us all informed.

The fermenter holds 9 gallons, been through many batches and have not had a problem. Think the picture looses some of the perception, looking at it in the picture it looks a lot fuller than it really is. Down to 6.5 tonight, starting to slow down, I expect only single brix reductions from now on out.

I have the Cellar Craft GSM kit that I got for Christmas, thinking about starting that right after this one and keeping the skins from this batch to use. Has anyone ever "double used" their skins before?

Moved off to bulk aging today, will give it 6 months to a year before bottling, racking once or twice of course.

Latest posts

Back