Greetings from Mansfield, OH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh_Jass

Junior
Reaction score
Home brewer here. I've made upwards of 2K gallon of beer since beginning brewing.

Mrs. Jass enjoys my beer but also drinks wine. A couple of months ago, we bought a blush kit from the Grape and Grainary in Akron. That wine has been stabilized and back sweetened. It's sitting in a carboy waiting to be bottled.

I've recently purchased a couple more kits: En Primeur Shiraz and Cru Select Platinum Chardonnay. We're going to make these this week.

I'm looking forward to this journey to complement my brewing hobby (read obsession) Anyway, I've been poking my snout around some of the threads and have gotten some tricks and tips already.

Hope to see you around. :b

Yo fellow Buckeye! I know another guy who brews in your town. Welcome!

Yep he's addicted so we had better help him out everyone tip a glass for Hugh Jass tonight here's to you and the misses Welcome to our home

Welcome to the forum! I'm originally a Buckeye (Lancaster). Moved away
20+ years ago. I'm getting addicted to this also.

P.S. I love your name.

Welcome, Just a beginner here. You are close. I am in Vermilon! Where do you get your supplies? I go to JW Dover.

Welcome, Hugh. Let us all know, if you have any questions. Somebody can usually answer them, even the complicated ones. (Complicated questions, not complicated winemakers... :ib )

Welcome aboard, we can always use another brain to bounce ideas off of.

All - thanks for the warm welcome.

Redtrk - I probably know your friend. Mansfield isn't that large of a community.

Runningwolf - I'd like to take the family up to the Geneva area this summer for a long weekend of cycling and wine touring.

Chachi - My first kit came from thegrape.com. The ones I've just ordered are from brewmasterswarehouse.com. I'm going to call George @ winemakers toystore today. There's no point in having empty carboys.

Robie - like brewing, I'm sure making wine is as complicated as you'd care to make it.

Woodssxdragon - I make it over your way every spring to brew with the Wooster Brew Club. Nice bunch of folks and a great day of brewing, food, beer, and laughs.

:b

Latest posts

Back