Hello from Portland!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Major brewer - Minor wino
Reaction score
Well, just outside in lake oswego.

My name is Noah.
No stranger to fermentaiton as i've been a beer brewer for the past almost 3 years. And here is that setup! from national homebrewers day.

IMG_20130505_203857_zpsc400d83e.jpg

And here is my much smaller setup (for 2.5/3 gallon recipes)
(pre-electric)
IMG_20130104_184450_zpsd83fa266.jpg

and now electrified! (wires are cleaned up now, that was just a test run to make sure everything worked.

IMG_20130802_225059_418_zps2eed7d34.jpg

and now onto the wine...

i was part of a judging for the washington state fair for beer, and then the next night was wine... i had never had country type wines before and these were absolutely amazing. So i decided to read up and was pointed to Jack Kellers website, which i've been funneling informaiton in non stop.
So i pulled up 2 simple recipes and made them the other day with the help of my lovely wife.

Rose petal
IMG_20130805_175014_533_zpsc15d39fe.jpg

Blueberry
IMG_20130807_082013_373_zpsed4b6bd8.jpg

And here is my midget german approving so far...

IMG_20130804_173119_438_zpsda785998.jpg

Hope to help out as much as i can around here and gain as much knowledge as i can!

Welcome to the forum. Don't see too many people from out your way on here. Maybe you will start a trend. If you run into any snags on your wines, give a shout and we will try and help. Arne.

Welcome to the forum. Don't see too many people from out your way on here. Maybe you will start a trend. If you run into any snags on your wines, give a shout and we will try and help. Arne.

I've noticed that! out of the posts i've been reading, there aren't very many from the PNW. A bunch out in the midwest and east cost, some in the rockies, but in the few days i've been reading this forum, i haven't seen many at all from oregon.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I've noticed that! out of the posts i've been reading, there aren't very many from the PNW. A bunch out in the midwest and east cost, some in the rockies, but in the few days i've been reading this forum, i haven't seen many at all from oregon.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

That's because those really into wine are so busy growing grapes and making it they don't have time for a forum. :r

Those lucky-duckys! Some great Pinot Noir is coming out of Oregon, not to mention all the super fruity wines from Washington State.

Welcome aboard! You have a nice problem in that you have great Pinot all around you and then an hour or two east you have about everything else you could ever want grape wise. Fruity wines from WA state? Don't mention that around Quilceda Creek, Leonetti, Betz, EFESTE, Long Shadows, Gorman, Sparkman, Mark Ryan, Saviah, etc. They are all making massive Cab's and Syrah's that need 5-7 years to just be approachable.... :db

kgo_057.gif

Welcome aboard! You have a nice problem in that you have great Pinot all around you and then an hour or two east you have about everything else you could ever want grape wise. Fruity wines from WA state? Don't mention that around Quilceda Creek, Leonetti, Betz, EFESTE, Long Shadows, Gorman, Sparkman, Mark Ryan, Saviah, etc. They are all making massive Cab's and Syrah's that need 5-7 years to just be approachable.... :db

I hope one day to get up there and give them a try!!!

Another PNWer?
No way, you're not real !
:)

Welcome to WMT

By the washington state fair, do you mean the Puyallup Fair?
"Doooooo the Puyallup!" :)

I almost entered that contest for wine last year, thought about it again this year..
But...

Anywho;
Careful with Jack Kellers recipes, they can be high in sugar & low in fruit
Makes for high alcohol & low flavor
Just a heads up

Hope to see ya stick around!

Welcome! Would like to hear more about your beer brewing when you get some time.

haha whoops! i meant the clark county fair! my bad :n

i made the two of his recipes and racked them this morning, seem to be tasting okay so far! so here is high hopes :) some of his recipes did look like a bit on the sugar content though. but i'll make sure and be cautious of them for surely.

I'd love to spout out about my beer making! what fermentationalist doesn't like to talk about their hobby :) if you have any questions, i'd be more then happy to answer as well. Is there a dedicated smaller "Brewing area" where i could set it up at? or i can answer questions here :b

There is a beer forum towards the bottom of the main page. You will probably get more replies off the general discussion forum. But it works ok right here too if folks keep replying to you. Arne.

Latest posts

Back