Mosti Mondiale Green Apple Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkutch

Reaction score
Just purchased the Summer Breeze and had a question for you guys. I have ordered the Orchard Breeze in past but it tends to be too sweet and has low Alc content. So I always added half the fruit at the beginning. However I have read with the summer breeze it has a high Alc. and tends to not be as sweet.

So my question is on this line do you guys still add the f pack at the beginning? I prefer the dryer wines but guest love the sweet stuff. So in the past I compromised by adding half early.

Let me know what you guys have done.
Thanks

I have not made this specific kit. I would think it is less sweet than some of the other OB kits. I would call George and ask him. He really knows his kits.

On my OB kits, I add sugar up front to bump ABV. I add the entire F pack at clearing. Just remember that if you add 1/2 F pack in fermentor, it will increase the ABV, but some of the green apple flavor will be lost. If you add less of the F pack at clearing, you will get less sweetness, but you will loose some of the green apple flavor. This is just IMO.

Ask George about this specific kit. Let us know what you find.

From the FineVineWines web-site
<DIV =name>Summer Breeze
<DIV =name>These wine kits produce wines similar to wine coolers. The finished wines contain 6-7% alcohol and are significantly sweeter than traditional wines. These are very nice for those hot summer nights and can be served over ice.
<DIV =name>
<DIV =name>Sure sounds the same as Orchard Breezin. Where did you read that it was high alcohol and not too sweet?
<DIV =name>
<DIV =name>Steve

This is from George's email...
</span><div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; letter-spacing: -1px; color: rgb(254, 74, 0); font-size: 18pt;" align="left">Summer Breeze and Orchard
Breezin'
</span>
<div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; letter-spacing: -1px;" color="#fe4a00" align="left">
<div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; letter-spacing: -1px;" color="#fe4a00" align="left"></span>
<div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; letter-spacing: -1px;" color="#fe4a00" align="left">
We
currently offer 2 brands in the "Wine Cooler" style of wine kits, Orchard
Breezin' from RJ Spagnols and Summer Breeze from Mosti Mondiale. They both make
wonderful summertime wines, but the finished wines are somewhat different.
Since we get quite a number of questions about the differences, I thought I
should take some time to give you our take on these wines.
</span>
The
Orchard Breezin' makes a fairly sweet low alcohol wine. If you make the wine
according to the manufacturer's instructions, the alcohol content is 6.7%. The
sweetness varies from kit to kit, but as a rule, they are considered sweet to
very sweet. These wine kits are nice to have for those guests that don't like
the drier wines.
</span>
On
the other hand, the Summer Breeze wine kits tend to finish with an alcohol
content of 9.8% and not as sweet as the Orchard Breezin'. Since a lot of you
like to add sugar to the Orchard Breezin' kits to raise the alcohol, the Summer
Breeze may be a nice alternative to adding 3 pounds of
sugar.
</span>
I
have made wines from both lines and found they both make very nice, light,
fruity wines. If you have made the Orchard Breezin and want something not quite
so sweet, try a Summer Breeze. If the Summer Breeze is not sweet enough, try an
Orchard Breezin'. Due to the popularity of both, if this is the style you want,
you should find that one of these brands will work for you.
</span>
With
the summer approaching, now is the time to start making these kits. As such,
during the month of February, you can get $5.00 off every Orchard Breezin' or
Summer Breeze wine kit you order. See the monthly specials
below.
</span></span>

I have made this kit two times. The first I did per the instruction. It was way to sweet for me. The second time I added half the f-pack and 3 pounds of sugar. It turned out very nice.

I havent made the Mosti kits but am intrigued after reading that email newsletter the other day as I didnt know they were different either until then.

The start SG 1.07

The end SG before adding the last half of the f-pack was .991.

Latest posts

Back