WineXpert Grape Skin Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kojak

Reaction score
Quick question, I'm starting a WE Select Int Malbec/Shiraz w/ skins. The skins are in a bag of juice. Does the juice get added also? Thanks ahead!

I haven't seen one of these kits yet, and I hadn't heard this description of the skin package. Regardless, I would be adding everything.

Steve

Thanks, ya as I found out when I opened the bag it was more like jelly and skins so it wouldn't have separated anyway. I was confused because the instructions said to use a bowl when transferring them to the mesh bag. Wasn't sure why. Got a good read this time around though so should be good to go.

Thanks!

Thanks, ya as I found out when I opened the bag it was more like jelly and skins so it wouldn't have separated anyway. I was confused because the instructions said to use a bowl when transferring them to the mesh bag. Wasn't sure why. Got a good read this time around though so should be good to go.

Thanks!

I have found with the WE grape skin paks that the mesh is large and stretchy enough that you can just stretch it over the top of your primary, then squeese the goop out of the bag into the mesh. Rinse out the bag and add that. Then you can grab the mesh edge and tie it up ( not too tight).

I have found with the WE grape skin paks that the mesh is large and stretchy enough that you can just stretch it over the top of your primary, then squeese the goop out of the bag into the mesh. Rinse out the bag and add that. Then you can grab the mesh edge and tie it up ( not too tight).

Ya, I wasn't sure. I did it like this just didnt rinse the bag first.

Back