Grape Pack Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admiral

Reaction score
I got tired of getting purple hands and more importantly I got concerned that I wasn't squeezing enough of the goodness out of wine skin packs and raisins that I had been fermenting. I came upon this outfit while looking about on the internet. It is actually an herb press. I had to drill the holes in the bowl a bit bigger (still not big enough) but it works pretty well.

20091129_182928_P1010132_Small.JPG

It works by pressing one bowl down onto the grape pack which is in another bowl. The pressings run out from holes in the bottom into a third bowl set underneath.

20091129_183520_P1010133_Small.JPG

Here is the grape pack after extraction. It was like a hard wafer.

20091129_183804_P1010134_Small.JPG

It is not a perfect system, but my hands weren't purple and I felt that I got all the goodies out of the pack.

very clever my fine vine vino friend,very clever,now expaned it buy 10 times................but very nice ,i was going to by a small press from gino's down here but decided not this year,very much like that one, nice job.......i understand the purple hand thing..I do

You know, the purple hand thing was troublesome but more important was the potential loss of goodies due to incomplete wringing of the bag. George has nothing like this so I will post a link to where I found mine.
smiley1.gif

http://www.herbtincturepress.com

Latest posts

Back