Got my winemaking supplies today

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_S

Reaction score
The FedEx guy dropped off my package, so I'll be starting my Gewurztraminer tonight. I'm excited because this will be the first batch I've started since January. I've been slacking a bit.

I also got some champagne corks and wire hoods so eventually I'll be making some sparkling wine. I just need to see if I've got enough of the right bottles.

Have fun with that new kit. I haven't started any new wine for several months now. I think that fact might be contributing to my depression!!! :D

Robie,
This should put a smile on your face: $44.95 kits with free shipping: WOOOHOOO Click Here!
FRESH PRODUCTS
ALSO INCLUDED - SHRINK CAP, CORKS, LABELS, CHEMICAL PACK & INSTRUCTION.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN WINE, THE VINO ITALIANO IS YOUR ULTIMATE CHOICE, IT'S FUNNY, EASY AND ECONOMICAL
WHITE
PINOT CHARDONNAY - RIESLING - SAUVIGNON BLANC - VERDICCHIO - GEWURZTRAMINER - PIESPORTER - PINOT BIANCO - MOSCATO - JOHANNISBERG RIESLING - LIEBFRAUMILCH - FRASCATI
RED
CABERNET SAUVIGNON - STYLE CHIANTI - MERLOT - STYLE VALPOLICELLA - VIEUX CHATEAU DU ROI - SHIRAZ - BAROLO - MONTEPULCIANO - CABERNET MERLOT - TOSCANE ROSSO MAGNIFICO - PINOT NOIR - RED ZINFANDEL - AMARONE
BLUSH
ZINFANDEL BLUSH - WHITE MERLOT

Seems like a decent deal!

Actually it's not a kit, it's 3 cans of Gewurztraminer concentrate. And I didn't get to start it last night since I forgot I didn't have any water to mix with it, and I don't want to use our tap water since it's been kind of chlorine-tasting lately. I'll get 4 gallons of mineral water this weekend and get this batch started.

Instead, since I was given several pounds of jalapenos yesterday, I made some green jalapeno hot sauce. I also plan to make "armadillo eggs" with some of the rest, and give the rest to my brother-in-law.

Last edited:
Started my Gewurztraminer today. Used three 46 fl. oz. cans of Alexander's concentrate and about 4 gallons of water, along with 2 cups of sugar to get the potential alcohol up to 11%. Then 5 tspns of yeast nutrient and pitched Pasteur Champagne yeast.

I decided to make this wine a little less strong because the past few whites I've made seemed to be a bit strong at 12 or 13% to the point where the flavor was affected. I just wanted a light, easily drinkable white wine. I plan to make this batch medium dry to medium sweet, or if I like the taste of it dry I might leave it that way.

The hardest part about this batch is trying to remember how to spell "Gewurztraminer."

:u

The Gewurztraminer is fermenting away and bubbling like freshly-opened champagne, and has been since Sunday. Haven't taken an SG reading yet, but will as soon as the bubbles slow down a bit. The aroma coming from it is awesome. It went from being strictly fruity to fruity with a hint of alcohol. It'll probably be ready for racking into secondary this weekend.

Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FAR SO GOOD:mnyKEEP THE OXYGEN UNDER CONTROL AND THE PROCESS IN FRONT OF YOU.:br:br:br:br:br:br:br:br:br:br

WHEN YOU GET READY TO MAKE THE SPARKING WINE PLEASE KEEP ME INFORM-- READY TO BOTTLE MY VERY SOON.:se

Back