Cellar Craft Good deal on kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drock

Junior
Reaction score
I was visiting my parents this weekend and visited their lhbs to get a couple airlocks, I couldn't help notice that they sell there cc ws for 115 and their EP series for 125. Now I haven't actually made any kits yet because I've had a lot of trouble deciding which to try first, but after seeing their prices and comparing them to the prices of the stores in my home town I decided I would buy the highly recommended ws super Tuscan and the EP Sauvignon blanc. Now I just have to wait till next wknd to start fermenting. But I am curious if this was a good deal or are you guys finding prices that are cheaper?

They are in Ontario just outside of blue mountain, unfortunately they are only brick and mortar

That would be an excellent price here in the US converted to US dollars and one you're not likely to see here in the US. I believe CC, WE and RJS are all headquartered in Canada so I'm not certain how good a deal it is in Canada.

Nice choice of kits

I have seen those prices but only on sale. The last time I made the sauv blanc, i added grapefruit zest to the secondary. I just bought another and will be using zest again but might mix it up with different fruits.

cheers

I was visiting my parents this weekend and visited their lhbs to get a couple airlocks, I couldn't help notice that they sell there cc ws for 115 and their EP series for 125. Now I haven't actually made any kits yet because I've had a lot of trouble deciding which to try first, but after seeing their prices and comparing them to the prices of the stores in my home town I decided I would buy the highly recommended ws super Tuscan and the EP Sauvignon blanc. Now I just have to wait till next wknd to start fermenting. But I am curious if this was a good deal or are you guys finding prices that are cheaper?

I paid $111 CDN, when on sale $12 off, for my RJS WS ST when I made it about a year back. Looks like the non-sale price is the same now:

http://store.defalcowines.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=21095&category_id=393

Your link is for a different style of kit. The winery series are bigger and have grape skins

http://www.rjscraftwinemaking.com/products/brand/Cellar-Classic-Winery-Series

You must be seeing something different than I do when I go to that link. I see "Cellar Classic Winery Super Tuscan". Although the description is missing the word "series" if you look at the category it is under it is "Cellar Classic Winery Series". Also adding to the confusion is that the image is not from the winery series but I don't think RJS makes a super tuscan other than the winery series.

Sorry about that. The picture looks like the old Cellar Classic box before they changed packaging. I made lots of those in the past.

cheers

Latest posts

Back