WineXpert Gewürztraminer Verdelho Muscat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't consider that possible interpretation, sour grapes, so thanks for clarifying.

After reading the yeast pairing PDF that sour grapes has linked once or twice, I think QA23 seems like a good fit for this wine. I'm excited that Varis can pave the way for me since I'm still so new at this :db

Just finished stabilizing and adding whole f-pack on the kit.
Final gravity for me 0.994
PH=3.14

After adding f-pack:

SG ~1.003
PH=3.27

On the 2nd kit, I will add a bit of the f-pack up front to target a gravity of ~1.000 after the f-pack.

PH seems quite right on the money for a white. :db

That's the plan, will bottle in summer [emoji3]

Although that PH seems to be in the right ballpark. [emoji106]

Just racked after clarification into another carboy and disturbed some sediment [emoji35][emoji35]

Took a sip and very nice and balance.
PH ~3.28 and good to me [emoji4]

any updates on this one with regards to adding the f pack and the end or adding part/all up front?

was given this kit to make for a friend and was concerned about it being to sweet

thx

any updates on this one with regards to adding the f pack and the end or adding part/all up front?

was given this kit to make for a friend and was concerned about it being to sweet

thx

Mine is bulk aging until around summer time to bottle. I added whole f-pack at the end and the SG came up to ~1.003 but with a ph of ~3.2x which appears good to me.

I have another kit (purchased 2) and will start it soon and maybe this time I will add 'some' of the f-pack up front because I am looking for an SG in the ~1.000 range.
On the 2nd kit I will also add Elderflowers in the fermentation...:db

Back