Finer Wine Kit FWKs on the way

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although FWK made it right, I did have one bag arrive bloated and it had an off odor. That went directly into the fire pit. It was April and I am in upstate NY. So go figure…….

I was a scardey cat about getting warm or hot juice but thats mostly because of my inexperience or just not knowing. 😂

Ratflinger might be right and I'm worried for nothin', so next week I'll order another FWK. Now the biggest worry is which one? Leaning towards a Tavola Petite Sirah or Meritage ..... never tired either of these wines before. I do have the FWK Tavola Pinot Noir & Syrah, plus the Forte PN in bulk aging. Plan is to see the difference between the Tavola and Forte Pinot Noirs next year.

I don't believe anyone has mention the new FWK for pre-order Great Australian Red Blend Tavola for $87.11. Pre-orders will be delivered mid to late September. Thoughts?
I have made both, they are excellent altough I prefer the PS

I was a scardey cat about getting warm or hot juice but thats mostly because of my inexperience or just not knowing. 😂

Ratflinger might be right and I'm worried for nothin', so next week I'll order another FWK. Now the biggest worry is which one? Leaning towards a Tavola Petite Sirah or Meritage ..... never tired either of these wines before. I do have the FWK Tavola Pinot Noir & Syrah, plus the Forte PN in bulk aging. Plan is to see the difference between the Tavola and Forte Pinot Noirs next year.

I don't believe anyone has mention the new FWK for pre-order Great Australian Red Blend Tavola for $87.11. Pre-orders will be delivered mid to late September. Thoughts?
I've pre-ordered the Australian red blend and am anxious to get it. I have been very happy with the Finer kits. Took the Syrah to a get together and it was a hit.

Finally started the Merlot kit this past Saturday. Daytime temperatures are in the 70s. Pitched yeast Sunday morning, Monday morning it was going crazy. I punched and stirred this evening, still going crazy. I’ve never done a yeast starter before, will definitely do again. I followed the instructions, plan to continue to, although step 3.3 says to punch down and stir twice daily, until SG reaches 1.010, then it says to not open bucket until day 15. Sooooo…..?

Is that a question? The fermentation bucket should be open to allow free access of oxygen, covered by a loose lid or a towel. When the SG gets to 1.020 snap the lid on, or transfer to a sealable vessel and put on an airlock so the residual CO2 generated will protect the wine. Sounds like you’ve got things under control.

Back