Fruit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Well, I am thinking I am safe from any deep frost. Oh are me cherry trees loaded, so are the apple trees, and the concord grape vines are looking very good.

The last two years, we had temps go down into the 20's in the middle of May. Not this year. Yea! :db

Julie that is good to hear. This is the first year my pear tree had blossoms on it. It is only a few years old and has a total of four different pears (grafts) on it.

oooh you should have some pears this year! Remember don't add water, and make an f-pac. Pears do not have a real strong flavor

I definately think the frost worries are over. Should be a good year for fruits and berries with the amounts of rain. Berries should be very juicy hopefully.

Fruit

Here in Western North Carolina, the strawberry crop is just about finished. A grower tells me it was not a good year for them. Blue Berries, Black Berries, and Peaches, are next on the fruit crop cycle. My blackberry bushes are loaded with green berries. The quality of the crop will be determined by the weather over the next three weeks. We have several blueberry bushes that were planted three years ago, but they need another 3-4 years before they are big enough to produce anything significant. Berry wine will be next into the fermenter for sure.

Happy fermenting,
Paul

i wish i had been able to get anything in ground this year. i'll have some pears and some blueberries but thats it. i was hoping i could get some more strawberries but i never got a chance to do a raised bed like i wanted plus here in ohio it seems like, up until today, it was raining for months. i tried to till and it was so wet and clay like that i couldnt even till.

i wish i had been able to get anything in ground this year. i'll have some pears and some blueberries but thats it. i was hoping i could get some more strawberries but i never got a chance to do a raised bed like i wanted plus here in ohio it seems like, up until today, it was raining for months. i tried to till and it was so wet and clay like that i couldnt even till.

Yea I know what you are saying, we haven't gotten our garden in as of yet because of all the rain.

Latest posts

Back