Fruit Fast Juice Concentrates

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this doesn't sound too bad but is there a nutritional info on the site? You would need to know if there is any sorbate in the juice.

Thanks Bob.

I see they sell in stores and there is one in Boardman which I will be over there next weekend. I might get some pomegrante and concord.

Also check out Walkersfruit.... you can get a 5 gal pail of juice for a great price. I get my first pail tonight at our club meeting... they have so much to offer!

Debbie

I bought 2 quarts of the juice. I mixed enough water with it to get a SG of 1.090. Total is 2 gallon. Should I dilute this further and add sugar to make a bigger batch or let it go as is? Directions say the 32oz concentrate makes 2 gallons.

Last edited:
It also says each quart is made with 25 lbs of cherries. hmmm ?? So if I go by that 50 lbs of cherries should be able to do a 5 gallon batch easily. ??

More fruit is always better... I think I would add some nutrients and let 'er rip!

Debbie

Last year's cherry I used 32 #'s for 5 gallon. then added an f-pac. For cherry wine you should have at least 6 #'s per gallon

Was that sweet or tart cherries? I've made some cherry vanilla that was really nice. Aged it with a vanilla bean that was split open. Yummy!

Debbie

I bought 2 quarts of the juice. I mixed enough water with it to get a SG of 1.090. Total is 2 gallon. Should I dilute this further and add sugar to make a bigger batch or let it go as is? Directions say the 32oz concentrate makes 2 gallons.

Zazz - Any updates? How's it coming along?

Finished out very tart. Even after sweetening to 1.010 where we usually like our wines. I had some chocolate out of a port kit so I added that. Chocolate Cherry now :D It taste like it has a lot of potential down the road. We'll see. I would say that in general, the cherry concentrate is to tart for my liking. Maybe if you blended it with something.

I'd give it some time. Alot of my berry wines finish tart, but mellow out after 6 months or so. I had a blackberry that would pucker you up, after 9 months it's learned to behave and hardly has and tartness left.

Latest posts

Back