Flavoured Syrups

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWrong

Junior
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I am looking to get a Raspberry Syrup to help finish a wine. A member on here recommends the brand "Marco Polo" but I cannot find it in Canada. I would really appreciate other notable brands.

I am pretty sure that "Da Vinci", Monin, and Torani are all available here but I have no info on their quality.

Thx

MrWrong

What, exactly, are you trying to do? Do you need a highly flavored syrup?

We often make Niagara wine blends using Rasp concentrate--white, rasp Welch's. Would that work? What kind of wine are you working with?

I found some Raspberry syrup at Nutter's Bulk & Natural Foods. Don't have the bottle in front of me (I'm at work) to tell you what kind it is and I haven't opened it yet. Planning on using it to make a f-pac for my mixed fruit wine which is mainly raspberries anyway. Can let you know once I get home what kind it is and how it tastes if you want.

Amazon will most likely ship there. Those Marcopolo syrups are awesome!! The rest of the syrups are almost all fake and will taste that way also!

My syrup is from summer land sweets. It contains white grape concentrate, raspberry juice, pectin and potassium sorbate. Just tasted it and it tastes good. No added sugar but I will probably heat it up and add some to it for the f-PAC when I need it.

I have used "Da Vinci", with good results. Get the sugar free ones. You can always backsweeten.

I wanted a highly flavoured syrup. I want to add additional raspberry flavour to a batch of raspberry rhubarb wine I am making. I hear that it would also smooth over after taste.

What, exactly, are you trying to do? Do you need a highly flavored syrup?

We often make Niagara wine blends using Rasp concentrate--white, rasp Welch's. Would that work? What kind of wine are you working with?

The supplier for Amazon is out of stock. I have found some sources in the US that will ship but the shipping costs are prohibitive. The cost for the product is about $8 plus nearly $30 shipping.

Amazon will most likely ship there. Those Marcopolo syrups are awesome!! The rest of the syrups are almost all fake and will taste that way also!

What a bummer, I cant truly explain how good this stuff is! It tastes better then most any fruit youll ever buy fresh!

Wade & Dan:

I'm thinking about making a batch of Vintners Harvest Raspberry wine or from fresh Raspberry juice when it comes available or probably 2 cans for a 5 gal batch. This Marco Polo Syrup sounds very interesting, how much do you add & where is it best used as a flavor pac or to backsweeten?? Sounds like it will greatly intensify the flavor of the Raspberry Wine! Have you tried it with any other wines other than the raspberry? I found a couple sites that have some available & may order some based on your recommendations........ If its that good for additional flavor, may try some other flavors also.

Thanks in advance.......

Al

I wanted a highly flavoured syrup. I want to add additional raspberry flavour to a batch of raspberry rhubarb wine I am making. I hear that it would also smooth over after taste.

Use 1# of frozen Raspberries per gallon

Simmer the raspberries on the stove to reduce it down. this also takes the water out so you wind up w/ a thick syrup.

Latest posts

Back