flavor idea

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keena

Reaction score
I noticed that some people used torani Carmel syrup to flavor their apple wine for a Carmel apple flavored wine. I was wondering if you could do a similar thing with maybe their strawberry syrup to add strawberry flavor to a wine of choice, or any other flavor they have. I seen they have some cool flavors that could be fun to mess with.

Here's a link to the strawberry one on Amazon to anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AXWA00/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. You can also buy flavor extracts and juice concentrates to use. When using Torani or snow cone flavorings, it pays to check the ingredient list and remember that the first ingredient is usually sugar and they usually contain a preservative like sodium benzoate.

When using extracts and concentrates, also check ingredients, which can include propylene glycol as a preservative. When using concentrates, I like to use the health food store brands like Dynamic Health, which contain no added sugar or preservatives. I have had excellent results with this brand.

Concentrates will require additional settling time before bottling, whereas an extract does not.

Last edited:
What will these preservatives and what not do to the wine?

Is it almost like a green flavor? Cuz I tested sweetening a skeeter pee with a can of strawberry breeze concentrate and it has what seems to be an early wine type green taste to it

Edit: can anyone give me a list of all the preservatives that are bad or give off flavors? I'd like to keep it on my phone cuz I always see things I want to experiment with while sweetening

Last edited:
Also I'm referring to adding it at the end while back sweetening. I totally forgot to mention this.. Haha

take some time

:tzIf you can take sometime to read (when good wins gone bad) in there you will fine a( HOW TO) on extracts and zesting both of which will help you out without getting into to much artificial flavor which in itself can be a problem,at times,TAKE THE TIME>:ft

Back