First time peach wine help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both buckets in my laundry room which is beside the kitchen. I could definitely smell it brewing when i walked in but once i stirred both buckets i smelled them and i still smelled a sweet peach smell. My nose is a little stopped up but the smell initially when i walked in was not the same as when i got up close and smelled the peaches. I took a picture after i stirred it up good.

I have done blackberry both ways, the ones where i left all the gunk in till it got to 1.00 was way worst in taste, maybe the seeds.
I have doen the same with peach,fig,and strawberries, they were none as good as the ones where i left the gunk for more then 5 days..
just my opinion...not factual at all..just my taste.

who hoooo...looking good...i see the mason jar empty first, then i see two mason jars, then i see 1 gallon and one mason jar...lol
maybe get 6 gallons, but totally worth it....

Thanks James. Yea i expect to lose a good bit. There is already a good bit of stuff settled on the bottom. I took a reading today and it was .990 . Is that about right?

i would rack it if its at .990 then figure out if you want to to use a clearing agent are let time clear it for you.
dont forget to add some camden when you rack , and if your going to backsweeten make sure to add sorbate and sugar/simple syrup, after it clears.

Latest posts

Back