WineXpert First Kits down...Next?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryMae

The Member
Reaction score
Started with Wine Expert Cab and Wine Expert Pinot Grigio. Will be racking into glass carboys tomorrow for 6 month bulk aging, then bottle. The question is....what should I do next?

I prefer reds, the Pinot Grigio is for the wife. I thought maybe a kit with grape skin pack. I'm not concerned with spending a couple hundred bucks if need be.

TELL ME WHAT YOU LOVE :D

So many here have had good success with a high-end Amarone. The nice thing is that this a wine that is not really affordable (commercially) for an everyday quaff. A kit version likely does not approach a really nice commercial wine, but it brings a lot more to the table than you are likely to get in an everyday Cab or Merlot.

If you can still get your hands on a Kenridge Limited Release California Grand Red, that's an excellent red blend.

Other possibilities are too numerous - do you tend to like dry reds? Fruit bombs? To you move toward European wines or American more?

What I like - had good luck with RJS Winery Series - Super Tuscan, OVZ.
Really like the RJS EP Carmenere and Shiraz. And the Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone was very good.
Probably the RJS EP are my favs.

What I like - had good luck with RJS Winery Series - Super Tuscan, OVZ.
Really like the RJS EP Carmenere and Shiraz. And the Cellar Craft Showcase Amarone was very good.
Probably the RJS EP are my favs.

Give the Grand Red a go. I think Finevinewines still has some.

I just bottled the EP Amarone that is really good. The EP Pinot Noir is also - ill bottle that in another week or two.

Boatboy24 - I would like to but I am in Canada - a little to far for shipping. I have a couple of others RQ and LE on order.

Started with Wine Expert Cab and Wine Expert Pinot Grigio. Will be racking into glass carboys tomorrow for 6 month bulk aging, then bottle. The question is....what should I do next?

I prefer reds, the Pinot Grigio is for the wife. I thought maybe a kit with grape skin pack. I'm not concerned with spending a couple hundred bucks if need be.

TELL ME WHAT YOU LOVE :D

A nice Australian Shiraz are nice. Or an Italian Amaronne. Both kits, I think have skins. Mosti Mondale kit.

Kathie

I'd like recommendations on best kit for:
- Cabernet
- Pinot Noir

Higher end preferred

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Last edited:
Lots of good recommendations for CC Showcase Red Mountain Cab. I have made it, and it tastes fantastic, but it is still a baby for me.

Yep. Mine's 14 months old now. Still improving, but very good already.

I have an En Primeur Pinot in a carboy at ~8 months. Still maturing, but I think it has great potential. The nose is fantastic.

I have my eclipse Pinot noir that I added pound blackberries and 10 grams of ft rouge soft tannin to in secondary in bulk aging now. It taste and smells really good right now and expect it to get much better. I just racked my selection Cali cab/merlot to secondary. Might if slipt with ft rouge a bit much lol. Think my next kit is the rjs super Tuscan. Heard great things so excited to receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back