First completed batch of Muscadine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gesnipes

Reaction score
I just finished this year's first batch of Muscadine wine. The color is a perfect ruby red and the taste is wonderful. I hope it makes it until Christmas :dg
picture.php

If it doesn't survive, I've got 11 gallons behind this one :)

Last edited:
That is a very nice color!Its a little hard to taste it from here though!!!!!!!! Hehehe

That is indeed a nice coor. I have 10 gallons of the Noble variety in secondary and will be stabilizing and back sweetning tomorrow. It is a very deep burgandy color and full of body. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

That is indeed a nice coor. I have 10 gallons of the Noble variety in secondary and will be stabilizing and back sweetning tomorrow. It is a very deep burgandy color and full of body. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Noble's make excellent wine. My 2nd and 3rd batches are nobles.

Post a picture and tell how it tastes. Is this your first batch of muscadine? Or are you hooked on it like I am?

excellant looking wine good job but when you upgrade to a quart we will know that you are really hooked

excellant looking wine good job but when you upgrade to a quart we will know that you are really hooked

Haha. If I upgrade to drinking by the quart, then my wife will have to post on my behalf.

Noble's make excellent wine. My 2nd and 3rd batches are nobles.

Post a picture and tell how it tastes. Is this your first batch of muscadine? Or are you hooked on it like I am?

This is indeed my first batch. Usually on my first batches I only do 5 gallons. In this case I new i would have to wait another year so I did a ten gallon batch. I have stabilized a backsweeten. Great flavor and body. I also wanted to do a Carlos variety but it didn't work out in time.

thanks to Sacaliat for helping out on this. i will definitly keep posted on the progress

Steve

This is indeed my first batch. Usually on my first batches I only do 5 gallons. In this case I new i would have to wait another year so I did a ten gallon batch. I have stabilized a backsweeten. Great flavor and body. I also wanted to do a Carlos variety but it didn't work out in time.

thanks to Sacaliat for helping out on this. i will definitly keep posted on the progress

Steve

It might depend on the recipe, but so far, mine has been great even as a young wine. It was only 2 months out of fermentation when I gave it away as Christmas presents. Everyone drank it right away, and wanted more. I even had people offering to buy more. Those lushes.

But it definitely gets better with age. My 2008 batch is very good. I made three batches this year so I could partake of some while aging the rest. The immature wine has a little bite to it, but still is excellent to drink.

I also make muscadine wines. Ison also makes a very good red and for my whites I use a mix of Sweet Jenny and Darlene. I was able to do 35 gallons this year.

I tried upgrading my drinking glass size but my wife kept looking at me funny, so I now just drink it straight form the bottle.

Latest posts

Back