Finally!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday evening the heavens opened up and we had the best rain I have seen in years. It rained hard then lightly off and on for about an hour, maybe longer. No HAIL thank goodness. It rained so hard the Satellite dish went out which never happens!
smiley5.gif

Here is a short clip of what happens to the arroyos (dry creek beds) in the desert when it finally does rain. This is only about 100ft from my front door.

Summer Rains

We had a small amount of rain yesterday also. But we need a lot more in Texas. Don did not give us the rain we were hoping for.

Here after two months of 8 inch record rainfall this spring each month, we got 1.25 inches in June and 1.08 inches in July. That is a lot less than the normal 3-4 inches each month. My vines are thirsty...............

Anyone who has any spare rain, please send it to central Texas. We are in a severe drought. Been above 100 for the last 25 days or so, John.

Do you have drip for backup or are your vines all watered by mother nature?

appleman said:
Here after two months of 8 inch record rainfall this spring each month, we got 1.25 inches in June and 1.08 inches in July. That is a lot less than the normal 3-4 inches each month. My vines are thirsty...............

Latest posts

Back