finally first label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keena

Reaction score
So I finished my first wine kit and its about ready for labels. I wanted to do a funny label but couldn't come up with or create anything any good so I just made a label quick so I can finally have something done that looks presentable.

green_apple_riesling-1.jpg

So, my next label I will be creating is for my Coteaux blanc "costal white" and I'm open to ideas for a funny yet suitable label!

Edit: haha, the sg is not actually 1.010..... I don't think anyways, haven't sweetened it cuz its sweet enough when I tasted it and I forgot to test it. I will test it and correct the sg on the label right before bottling. The kit came with an f pack and that seemed to make it pretty darn sweet

Last edited:
very nice label ... the first time I have seen some one put the gravity on their label.

tonyandkory said:
very nice label ... the first time I have seen some one put the gravity on their label.

I went to my first wine club last night and they all do it so they know how sweet the wines are and then we all test the wines in order from driest to sweetest

I'm bottling my Milk Chocolate Strawberry Port and I'm going to print 5 of these and mix up the labels so they are not all the same.

Last edited:
Also I'm very open to share labels I make, if anyone is ever interested in a label I make I will be more then willing to strip my name and personal wine info off so you can make them your own!

Here they are!

ForumRunner_20120823_201201.jpg

ForumRunner_20120823_201238.jpg

Also looking for ideas for labels and out creative names for a peach mango wine, banana pear wine, skittle wine, starburst wine, lime wine, cherry lime wine, strawberry raspberry wine, and canned peach wine. Lol.. Just throwing it out there in case someone has made a nice label or thought of a clever name for one of these.

Nice job. I think labeling is the best part, besides drinking it of course.

It's actually regular printer paper and glue sticks, lol. I cut them out.

So I finished my first wine kit and its about ready for labels. I wanted to do a funny label but couldn't come up with or create anything any good so I just made a label quick so I can finally have something done that looks presentable.

View attachment 4915

So, my next label I will be creating is for my Coteaux blanc "costal white" and I'm open to ideas for a funny yet suitable label!

Edit: haha, the sg is not actually 1.010..... I don't think anyways, haven't sweetened it cuz its sweet enough when I tasted it and I forgot to test it. I will test it and correct the sg on the label right before bottling. The kit came with an f pack and that seemed to make it pretty darn sweet

Very nice label. Crisp and clean and fresh looking. Good job!! :db

Back