FINALLY, a CL score

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreginND

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For at least the last three years I have been checking craigslist nearly every day for carboys. I've never seen anything in our area that was worth a damn following up. A couple times I saw a 5 gallon used carboy going for $75! Yes, ridiculous. They thought they were antique collectibles or something. Anyway, happened to find a former winemaker cleaning out their closet today. I'll be picking up 5 six gal carboys, 12 bungs and airlocks, auto siphon, vin-o-meter, stir sticks, several bottle brushes, 2 hydrometers and a bottle capper for $150 tomorrow morning. Not bad.

For at least the last three years I have been checking craigslist nearly every day for carboys. I've never seen anything in our area that was worth a damn following up. A couple times I saw a 5 gallon used carboy going for $75! Yes, ridiculous. They thought they were antique collectibles or something. Anyway, happened to find a former winemaker cleaning out their closet today. I'll be picking up 5 six gal carboys, 12 bungs and airlocks, auto siphon, vin-o-meter, stir sticks, several bottle brushes, 2 hydrometers and a bottle capper for $150 tomorrow morning. Not bad.

Greg what the heck do you have to pay for a new carboy? Around here a good price for used carboys is about $15 each.

New carboys here are about $40. Like I said, I've only seen a couple used available here and folks wanted $65-$75 for them. No thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I think carboys prices varies with location pretty drastically. In my neck of the woods used carboys go for 5-15$. I know of a lhbs that sells brand new carboys, from Italy, for 24.99$. And that's canuck bucks.

Latest posts

Back