fig recipe please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCreek

Reaction score
Over the last few month I have staked out about twenty or thirty wild fig trees that were bearing fruit. Well, I noticed today a few of those trees are starting to produce ripe figs. This also means that a lot more ripe fruit will be here before I know it. I need a tried and true fig recipe. I found a basic one on Keller's website but it didn't mention the use of pectin enzyme. Is this needed for figs. Any recommendations are welcomed. I am also not opposed to doing a fig blend of some sort as well. I anxiously await your reply. In the meantime I'll be picking ripe figs and popping them in the freezer till needed!

Thanks stressbaby. That recipe sounds delicious. I'll probably make it if I can find a good deal on pomegranates. About how many did you use to get the volume of seed listed?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Not sure. I used a little dwarf pomegranate I had in my greenhouse. It made tiny little fruit which wouldn't translate to the regular kind.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Fig jam is wonderfull... Just saying:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back