Ferrari Bottle Tree

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it and I love it. It's super effective. I use it for 750ml wine bottles as well as flip top bottles for my cider. Just make sure you balance the distribution of bottles and it's great for heavy bottling days. I even sanitize the little middle tube part and put my racking canes in there while moving to the next carboy.

I've been using one that looks exactly like it (don't know its brand) for maybe 7 years and love it. Holds both 750 ml and 1.5 liter bottles although the 1.5s don't drain completely. Extremely space efficient. I can dry more than 3 full boxes of bottles in the small space on the counter next to my sink. I used to be worried that the plastic arms might break with the weight, but they have held so far.

Bought one around 2001. Added to it since. Use it whenever we wash or sanitize.

You should know that while they sell them to hold ninety bottles when the tower is full there is a good bit of sway. Even a casual bump can set things in motion. If you are processing and filling that many bottles you might want to purchase a second base and divide the bottles between the two. While it doubles the foot print it beats cleaning up broken glass.

Attended a bottling party yesterday at a friends house. He is a very good winemaker. I invested in his crush.* We bottled over fifty cases. Two short (forty five bottle) towers were used to sanitize and supply two filling stations. Worked very well.

*Phone call from friend:

Friend: "Hey, I got six lugs of grapes for sale. Do you want them?"
Me: "What are they?"
Friend: "Merlot and Cab Sauv."
Me: "Sure."

Phone call from me to friend, two minutes later:

Me: "Just to be clear, these are going in your crush, not mine?"
Friend: "Yes."
Me: "You'll be doing the labs and most of the cellar work yourself?"
Friend: "Yes. Are you still in?"
Me: "Yep."

Last edited: