Equipment Kit Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarbaby

Junior
Reaction score
Hi- New to Wine making - intriqued for years but always thought it looked too complicated. Have decided to dive in. My overall goal is eventually a great impressive red, a homemade pear wine (withactual fruit) I have been researching and have decided to begin with a White WineKit with tropical fruit/grapes to get my feet wet and learn the basics PROBLEM: In My research I have found many varieties of Equip Kits. I know I want a 7.5 Gallon Primary Fermenter
6 Gallon Glass Carboy. There are many different kits that contain both of these but the other accessories differ.....Does anyone have a suggestion or experience with a great over all kit containing all the essentials I will need and where online to get it? THANKS

Tarbaby,

My deluxe equipment kit has all of the essential equipment you need.

Fermenting Bucket and lid, carboy, Airlock, bung, hydrometer, auto-siphon, handheld corker, tubing, bottle filler, spigot, carboy brush, plastic spoon or paddle,8 oz. of cleanerand 30 corks. Most online stores sell this package for over $90. Mine is $84.99. The two piece of equipment that are optional are a wine thief and test tube. They are nice to have, but not 100% necessary.

If yo have any quesion about the kit, please give me a call, 866-417-1114.

Thanks for the info on the equip kit....I will definetly keep you in mind and may give you a call soon. Right now I am reading Stanley F. Anderson and Dorothy Anderson's Winemaking. To get familiar with the process. I will most likely buy the kit when finished reading. Have you heard of the Better Bottle. The ones with the spout on the bottom (fermentor and carboy)? Is this a better feature as opposed to the traditional? It seems to me it would let out some of the sediment when draining. Ciao

Bett Bottles are great, they're comparably priced to glass carboys, but when you add the spigot, the price gets pretty high.

I personally feel you have more control keeping sediment out with the racking canes.

If you use the Better Bottle, I recommend the Ferm-Rite bungs for an airlock, the water ones, the fluid can be pulled in while moving from the flexing of the bottle.

Either way, welcome to the fold...

Latest posts

Back