EBAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
I got the nicest carboy cover on ebay, look under wine, it was 6.50
plus shipping, the lady sells them on her website for 10.00, you can
get many different colors and they are fleece (I think thats what you
call it) and fit like a glove and even have a snap to fit around the
handle.

You gotta be kidding. A sweater for your wine? I just laughed, snorted, and got choked.

smiley36.gif

Well, not a sweater....

But I put an old raggedy T-shirt over my carboys. It works great and costs nothing.

its to block the light, but helps to insulate too, we don't all have
dark wine cellars, some of us have wine kitchen corners..lol
smiley9.gif

I have a kitchen/dining room bar, and a closet in my bedroom.

My kitchen is always 68 but I can run primary's warmer by moving them
closer to the radiator, the rest of the house swings teperature a lot
in the winter due to programable thermostats. When bottled I have a
closet space under the middle of my bed that should be the right temp
and not swing so bad, my bedroom is 66 when I am sleeping then 55 when
I am away, under the bed should be steady 60+/-

That sounds pretty good for storing wines, Stinkie. I just looked at my 3 gallon jug of muscadine today in my bedroom closet and the little stuck on thermometer says 64-66*F.

In the summer, I put my carboy in a pan of water and put a t-shirt on it. Bydoing this, I have created an evaporative cooler for my carboy! The t-shirt acts as a wick drawing the water to the top. It helps to keep my carboy a nice cool temperature. This is pretty importanthere in the Texas Panhandlewhere a cool day is 100 degrees! I just don't know that I need a giant coozie, though! LOL

Out here in west Texas, 100 degrees in the shade is normal in the summer. Makes life on the tennis court miserable. But I can easily lose 5lbs of water weight after a 1 hour match.

Considering today had a high of only 25 degrees (in March!!!), 100 doesn't sound all that bad.
smiley2.gif

Only 42 here, (in March!!!), but 100 is bad, Martina, believe me, very bad. My house is 68 in winter and 74 in summer, so I can't complain too much about the 71 degree average storage temp.

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick of this weather. even 100 sounds good to me right now.
smiley11.gif

I just don't really like ebay. I have trouble trusting people I can't see.

Uh...yes? I am not a cat, so I don't have to worry about curiosity killing me!

smiley36.gif

how many posts do you need to get the 4th star??

I bought another carboy cover on ebay yesterday, five bucks and four for shipping, I'm getting royal blue this time!!

that will take a nice picture
smiley1.gif

Funny you asked...because I just make the change...500 posts gets you 4 stars and into the Moderator Group.

Latest posts

Back