Dragon Blood in 15 days!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dangerdave,
I have v2 of your recipe in a file that I downloaded but I am never sure that I have the latest version or whether there is a newer version because there are just so many posts in this thread. I was wondering if you could edit your first post to indicate the current version and/or point to the latest version of the recipe in that posting. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the recipe.
Chris

dangerdave,
I have v2 of your recipe in a file that I downloaded but I am never sure that I have the latest version or whether there is a newer version because there are just so many posts in this thread. I was wondering if you could edit your first post to indicate the current version and/or point to the latest version of the recipe in that posting. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the recipe.
Chris

I wish I could, Chris. It would make it easier for everyone to find the most current version of the recipe. At some point in the past, older posts were blocked from the edit function, so I can't change the OP to reflect the v2 file.

As the next best thing, I linked the post with the v2 file to the DB recipe in the Recipe section. That seems to be the best I could do.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

back sweetened

Ok so a week after k-meta. P sorbate and kieselson and chitosan vacuum splash racked added 4 cups of sugar 2 water (heated till clear then left to cool).
It is still looking clear as a bell how long before I bottle or know if fermentation has started up again

sg prior to rack .992
sg after back sweeten 1.005

I make sure that mine is completely sure it is finished fermenting, before anything...I ferment to completion in my primary..then rack and degass.
then sorbate/campden, when it clears i add simple syrup made with fruit juice.then i use super kleer, next day are two..i bottle.

Ok so a week after k-meta. P sorbate and kieselson and chitosan vacuum splash racked added 4 cups of sugar 2 water (heated till clear then left to cool).
It is still looking clear as a bell how long before I bottle or know if fermentation has started up again

sg prior to rack .992

Typically, give it a week after clearing, backsweetening, etc. then bottle away as long as its clear.

sg prior to rack .992

Bottle it and start some more! It'll go fast...:spm

image-3573324684.jpg

Some of my skeeter pee and variants, thank Lon, Dave. My latest, quad berry is the biggest hit yet

dangerdave said:
Great display, Petey! You are very welcome. :br

I've only been winemaking for 7 months now. I don't know how I could handle all the waiting for my wines to age if it weren't for DB.
Tomorrow I start a tropical blend. I'll post my results soon!

The tropical blend is one of my wife's favorates, as well. You'll like it, I'm sure.

dangerdave said:
The tropical blend is one of my wife's favorates, as well. You'll like it, I'm sure.

I'm going with 1 can of pineapple juice , for my citric acid,6 # of cut up frozen peaches, 1 pkg of tropical blend fruit, from trader joes. I'm thinking of back sweetening with a ca of pinia colada frozen concentrate, but that's a couple weeks away. Won't be pitching yeast till tomorrow

Latest posts

Back