Dragon Blood in 15 days!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it! . Now all I need is to let them sit and put the labels on and put the foil on top. I also filled a wine on tap bag that's sitting in the fridge now. Did sneak a taste and it's really good. However I didn't think 915 in the morning was an appropriate time to start drinking. Come on Noon!

Looks like you did a good job.

Started a strawberry rhubarb variety yesterday. Pitching yeast today.

Going to be interesting to see how this comes out.

Awesome, John! Glad it came out nice. In a month it will be better. In six months (if any lasts that long) it will be remarkable!

Mine has dramatically improved over the last month and now is amazingly tasty. Does it really continue to improve from here? If so, I'm going to buy a safe to store this in... :wy

I did it! . Now all I need is to let them sit and put the labels on and put the foil on top. I also filled a wine on tap bag that's sitting in the fridge now. Did sneak a taste and it's really good. However I didn't think 915 in the morning was an appropriate time to start drinking. Come on Noon!

Congrats!! It looks awesome. Keep in mind that right now it will have a very strong young wine taste to it (which is a bad taste). If you can manage to stay away for just 2-3 weeks the flavor will improve drastically.

I echo the thought. Mine was not very good during the bottling, but I let it go for a couple of weeks and it is now in BIG demand by friends and family.

That's surprising. Mine was pretty awesome right at bottling. The 2nd variant I did I bottled it, took to a dinner with some friends, and they all raved about it. I hadn't even tasted it before then.

Looks like everyone's wine is coming out great! Remember that you were warned...MAKE MORE! Or get a safe, like JJ. Once the friends and family get a taste, it's all over! :dg

I had 3/4 of a bottle that didn't fit any where that I thought I would just sip on till my husband comes home tomorrow so I could open the first official bottle that I did with him and it didn't last past the first night. Now I have had to see it everyday since Wednesday. None of my friends get to taste it till him. If it truly gets better with time I may have to start a new batch in a couple of weeks. It will be a nice sitting on the porch after a day fishing in the boat drink. Thank you so much for all your help. Shelley

I started the cherry lime Dave! Used the whole bottle of cherry juice, it didn't seem as strong as I thought it would be so I used it all. I'll be adding the yeast after work tonight. Fingers crossed!

Nice, keena! Keep us posted!

@shelley---You are very welcome! And my thanks to everyone who has posted here. This has turned out to be a good and easily modifiable recipe.

Well after reading all this I figured I would give it a try....I pitched the yeast today. Since I am a newbie I hope it turns out as well as everyone elses has...Thanks for sharing.

Well, I got together all my ingredients yesterday, sanitized the fermentation buckets and was about to start a non bentonite quad berry as well as a tropical quad berry when I realized...I'm out of places to store finished bottles...lol. Not only that, my kitchen is full of homeless bottles of pee from my 12 gallon experiments. Dangit! I need more storage!

Under your bed, in the closet, bury them in the back yard, or put them in you're belly :D

Got my dragon blood into carboy and added my sorbate meta and sparkolloid. It took about 45 min if pumping with my hand pump vacuum setup to Degas tho. Was anyone elses really gassy?

Also got my lime version of skeeter pee goin steady in primary and my cherry lime! I'm excited! Hope to put up pics tonight

Here's what mine looked like after 15 days. This stuff really is fast!
dscn5838f.jpg

Got my dragon blood into carboy and added my sorbate meta and sparkolloid. It took about 45 min if pumping with my hand pump vacuum setup to Degas tho. Was anyone elses really gassy?

Also got my lime version of skeeter pee goin steady in primary and my cherry lime! I'm excited! Hope to put up pics tonight

:peeYea, the skeeter pees get pretty gassy. Your hard pumping will pay off with beautiful clear wine like Derek's.

Dumb question here..... Is the tropical quad berry made the same way as the Dragon blood, just different fruit.

Latest posts

Back