Dragon Blood help.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really up to you. If you're in a hurry to drink, siphon off the clear part and bottle it. Let what's left settle out in it's own bottle. If you want to be cautious, rack it off the lees and let it sit another week, just to be sure. Skipping the 'patience' part of wine making always comes with risks.

Decisions, decisions...:)

Do most all the DB makers backsweeten or do some of you just let it stay like it is? If you don't backsweeten, is it a dry(er) wine then?

Last edited:
I have tried it many times dry before backsweetening. However, it is very tart that way. The sugar offsets the lemon and lets you get away with drinking it soon after bottling. I've always thought that the lemon wine idea was shear genious on Lon's part. Young wines are tart by nature. Here's a wine that is supposed to be tart, so you can drink it right away.

Thanks Dave, I may try and batch without sugar and let it age for awhile and see what it is like. Just my mind running with things.
I do like it so far with the sugar added. This next batch I will bottle in a couple of weeks I am going to add more than the first time just to see the difference.

Latest posts

Back