Done lurking...now posting.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently started making wine. I started with a Cabernet Sauvignon and right now I'm just waiting for it to clear with the bentonite. I didn't have a hydrometer so it has been a lot of tasting and testing and tasting and tasting. Overall it has come out fantastic.

Now I am trying to find the best place to get honey for a batch of mead without spending too much. I also really wanted to get a good recipe for soda. But I want one without artificial flavorings.

welcome good people here. I hope you have some of your wine left after all that tasting and testing.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Strongly recommend getting the hydrometer though, it's like driving while blindfolded.

oldwhiskers said:
Hi, welcome to the forum! Strongly recommend getting the hydrometer though, it's like driving while blindfolded.

More like with an eyepatch. My wife actually bought me one last week. Then I saw an awesome thief that is also a testing cylinder and I really want that too!

I was a chef for a long time so tasting as I go is something that I'm kinda used to. ;-)

Now, I am super excited with the possibility of making my own sodas. I am just really tired of all of the artificial crap in soda and want to make my own.

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located? If you give your area, I am sure if someone that is close to you can direct you to some honey, if in Western PA, I might be able to help as well!

I'm living on the east side of Indy near Irvington. I'm starting to get afraid I won't find any bulk honey without having to trade my firstborn.

But he's been sick this past week and anyone who's had a sick two year old will understand that right about now I would ONLY consider trading him for TWO gallons of honey. If I'm gonna do it I'm getting at least two batches of mead out of the deal.

staticmap

Welcome, I have a friend that lives west of Indy. We usually meet for lunch, so between him and his wife I'll ask if anyone in his area sells honey. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back