Dogs got into primary!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you can always save it for those thirsty people you don't like. lol arne.
Mite make it a bit harder to find people on here to trade wine with also.

Last edited:
technically a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans...to the dog...meaning, if they eat something off the road full of bacteria, they have bacteria in their mouth that make them able to eat it, but we do not have that ability.
on the other hand, if you've ever worked in healthcare and done a handwashing test, (you rub this stuff on your hands, wash them, and then they check you under a black light...no one washes their hands properly) you'll know your hands are probably as dirty as the dogs mouth. your kids probably bring home as many or more germs than the dogs ever will. i agree with the "keep on fermenting it" crowd...it'll be fine.

I guess it would also be appropriate to ask your pet if they enjoyed it first. If their eyes lit up definitely keep it going.:)

When you finish that wine send it to me, I have several "friends" Id like to share it with.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. bk

I found this quite amusing! I am surprised at the wine makers in here. Never heard anyone complain that they wouldn't drink the wine knowing full well that the grapes were stomped! agh bare feet! Oh well to each his own. Hey keep us posted and let us know how it turns out!

technically a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans...to the dog...meaning, if they eat something off the road full of bacteria, they have bacteria in their mouth that make them able to eat it, but we do not have that ability.
on the other hand, if you've ever worked in healthcare and done a handwashing test, (you rub this stuff on your hands, wash them, and then they check you under a black light...no one washes their hands properly) you'll know your hands are probably as dirty as the dogs mouth. your kids probably bring home as many or more germs than the dogs ever will. i agree with the "keep on fermenting it" crowd...it'll be fine.

I don't lick my rearend with my hands!

ROFLMAO!!! I share with my dogs, and my birds... I would not serve it to friends but would DEF continue the batch and save it formyself.... we have a batch of Birdy Butt Brew that the bird landed in while flying around the house!!! Damn that was good stuff and no one wanted to share it with me LMAO!! !

"I don't lick my rearend with my hands!"

Not sure quite how to take that? I don't think that you could "lick your rearend" without having a few ribs removed, or some serious stretching! Or were you merely stating that you don't wipe your rearend with your hands?!:?

I don't lick my rearend with my hands!

(laughing with jc)
no, but a baby plays with his privates....his mom didn't see it and didn't wash his little hands...puts him in the shopping cart...1 hr. later, someone else uses that cart and they are in a hurry and don't use the little wipes alot of stores provide nowadays...enuff said...
btw, this is how i got my son to wash his hands...he told me once after going to the bathroom, "it's my germs", but when i pointed out to him that he opens a public bathroom door, what did everyone else touch before opening the same door?:f:s

(laughing with jc)
no, but a baby plays with his privates....his mom didn't see it and didn't wash his little hands...puts him in the shopping cart...1 hr. later, someone else uses that cart and they are in a hurry and don't use the little wipes alot of stores provide nowadays...enuff said...
btw, this is how i got my son to wash his hands...he told me once after going to the bathroom, "it's my germs", but when i pointed out to him that he opens a public bathroom door, what did everyone else touch before opening the same door?:f:s

Hey, to each his own. *I* don't subscribe to the "There's already nasty stuff, so add more!" theory, but that doesn't mean others can't :i

I've decided that I'm on board with drinking wine that my dog has sampled out of the carboy. Feet in grape stomping (old school stuff right?), mice and other pests in the fruit, etc....

"Wusification", that's what it's all about. Wash your hands 100 times a day and you won't get sick as often... We're just making our bodies weaker! So tonight I had a glass of wine with dinner. The dog may have sampled and his hair may have have floated into the must but I feel stronger for taking on the challenge.:spm

............no, but a baby plays with his privates........

HEY!!!! Who ya calling baby!!!???
laughing_baby.gif

I was working on the road yesterday and had packed a can of sardines. As I was munching away with a few crackers, I couldn't help but think about this thread as the little fishies, guts, scales, fins and all slithered down my throat. I was thinking a glass of pooch wine would be a perfect match to a fitting meal. At least they chopped the heads off before canning them.

HEY!!!! Who ya calling baby!!!???
laughing_baby.gif

I was working on the road yesterday and had packed a can of sardines. As I was munching away with a few crackers, I couldn't help but think about this thread as the little fishies, guts, scales, fins and all slithered down my throat. I was thinking a glass of pooch wine would be a perfect match to a fitting meal. At least they chopped the heads off before canning them.

good one lon!!

Hey, to each his own. *I* don't subscribe to the "There's already nasty stuff, so add more!" theory, but that doesn't mean others can't :i

u r right, bob. we shouldn't add more, i just wanted to illustrate that a few dog germs won't kill nobody:hug

Back