Do you wrap your carboys?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_diver

Reaction score
I have limited space so my carboys are close together. I have banged them into one another once too often and I'm not looking to wrap them before I have an accident. I was thinking bubble wrap. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

That would work or a blanket or a heavy towel

I wrap mine to keep the bright light and temp more stable with an old towel.

you can put an old short sleeved shirt over them too. the airlock fits where the neck is....

I store my carboys in milk crates. Keeps them from getting bumped and also gives you handles for easier transport

I have limited space so my carboys are close together. I have banged them into one another once too often and I'm not looking to wrap them before I have an accident. I was thinking bubble wrap. Any other ideas?

I have the same issue when I put them in my freezer for cold stabilizing. What I did was go to Home Depot and I bought 1' of indoor outdoor carpet 12' long. I than cut it to length to wrap around the carboys and held it together with duct tape. The carpet is thin and doesn't leave any fuzzies around. The biggest draw is it's the cheapest carpet they sell. It only cost a few dollars.

I wrap mine to keep them out of the sunlight (thru the window) and away from fluorescent light in my studio.

A simple cardboard box works great as well - or I have covered them up while cold stabilizing with a moving blanket

Back