Degassing island mist 4wk kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinzWine-0

Junior
Reaction score
Does it really benefit my 4wk kit of Sangria to degas, or will it taste well without spending that time? I can, just if it won't make a difference on this kit, why do it? Right?

It will make a difference. Leaving the gas in can cause it to have a bit of bitterness and could mask other flavors.

Ok! I won't be lazy, after all it's my first time! thanks for the help. and for the welcome. I'm about 3 days from moving from Carboy and degassing. hope it goes well. what's the best way, I have the drill and wand.

Welcome to the Forum !!
There is a wealth of information on this site and I must say alot of people who genuine care !
I must say I am sided that vacuum is the way to go to degass - but it is all depending on your budget.

I've never seen one...ill have to do some research. I don't mind investing in things to make better/easier wine

Interesting, but I think investing in the All in one pump is a better deal as with the Winedegasser you still have to buy a pump of some sort.
also it is faster to degass by racking ( about 4 min. with the all in one) than by plain vacuume alone.

I had attempted to degass a kit by hand, not only was it a time consuming chore, but it wasn't very effective. I decided to degas the kit with my All in one Wine pump, and I have to tell you that not only was it easy, super fast, but efficient, and by efficient, I mean that if you taste your wine before you degas, it will taste very "green", acidic and not really enjoyable at all; after I degassed with the All in one, if was as if the wine had aged, the taste had improved due to the CO2 being removed, and like Mike stated, good luck on getting that wine to clear any time soon if it is not degassed.
Just remember, if you purchase the All in one, you will be able to degas, rack, bottle, filter....it is a no brainer!

I would highly recommend sticking with the All in One, this is a proven, tried and true solution, there are a lot of pumps out there that are cheaper, but they are exactly that...cheaper.
The sheer amount of people that are using the All in One and are extremely happy would out weigh any chance of me ever considering using another pump.
The amount of work load that I put this pump through is amazing, it just keeps on working flawlessly.
You may be able to purchase another pump for $59, but that is what you are going to get....and not to mention the quality of the customer service, I cannot recall...EVER...having the President of a company call me on Christmas day after reading that I had a few questions about their product.
I would approach with caution, the website has only been up and registered since March 13th, it looks like a fairly new product.
The All in one is the complete package - quality, efficient and unbelievable Customer Service!!

Last edited:
Liboathfx, Is the winedegasser your product? I've notice you have pushed it in every post you have made on WMT.
If you would like to send me one, I would be willing to test it against the All in One and give an accurate review. If it works out good I would be even willing to sell them through my store for you here in the states.
BTW what is the import taxes to the US?

The Winedegasser
It works off a venturi system using an air comressor to create a low pressure from the venturi - That means you have to have a large enough air compressor to run it and it is very noisy as well.You will also have to run a air hose in the house and most air compressors need a dedicated 20 electrical amp service outlet.
The vacuum is controlled by the output of air from your air compressor -

I just wanted to make this clear - as some people are being mislead that little box will do everything

I took a look at the wine degasser. I have been saving for an all in one wine pump, but I am trying to get back on my feet from not working most of last year. I actually have a full size compressor right next to my wine area. I may give it some more thought (just wondering what, if any, are the additional fees to ship to the US). I'm definitely not putting it in the same category with the all in one pump (since it is a stand alone device); but the degasser might fit my needs at a pretty significant $ savings.

vacuumpumpman said:
The Winedegasser
It works off a venturi system using an air comressor to create a low pressure from the venturi - That means you have to have a large enough air compressor to run it and it is very noisy as well.You will also have to run a air hose in the house and most air compressors need a dedicated 20 electrical amp service outlet.
The vacuum is controlled by the output of air from your air compressor -

I just wanted to make this clear - as some people are being mislead that little box will do everything

I built a Venturi pump. Total crap.
Nearly useless.
Plus my 30 gallon (which is huge btw) had to run constantly. A hand pump works better. But go with the all in one.
Endorsed!

Well, that's because the size of the ejector you used is wrong. Ejectors you buy from most retailers are for automobiles or machines, not for wine making :h
I built a Venturi pump. Total crap.
Nearly useless.
Plus my 30 gallon (which is huge btw) had to run constantly. A hand pump works better. But go with the all in one.
Endorsed!

As well as a certified contractor I am also a licensed electrician. Most compressors draw a standard 15 amps. Dedicated line is not necessary. My stand up 30 gallon shop compressor is huge and it runs on 15 A all day long.
That aside. The all in one is a far superior product to any Venturi vacuum. Hell you can buy a diaphragm 24 volt vacuum for under $20 on eBay. But don't expect the longevity or the ability to filter (which is awesome if you like wine that sparkles) your wine.

As well as a certified contractor I am also a licensed electrician. Most compressors draw a standard 15 amps. Dedicated line is not necessary. My stand up 30 gallon shop compressor is huge and it runs on 15 A all day long.
That aside. The all in one is a far superior product to any Venturi vacuum. Hell you can buy a diaphragm 24 volt vacuum for under $20 on eBay. But don't expect the longevity or the ability to filter (which is awesome if you like wine that sparkles) your wine.

Yes you are correct on the amp draw - As a mechanic I have large 220 volt compressor in the garage, I also have a pancake compressor that will blow fuses in the house sometimes as well and is noisy, but it is more for a braid nailer as it turns on and off alot.

Yeah, I have a roll around 15 gallon that says 15 amp but trips the breaker quite often especially when its in the garage that's very cold! I typically have to run an extension cord into the house to a 20 amp outlet.

Latest posts

Back