dandelion wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Yes they were dandelions, there are lots of bubbles rising fast to top of demijohn and I thought the sg must have come down but it has not :-( the recipe was a cjj berry one for a medium wine.

Well still bubbling but the sg not moved at all :-( no idea what to do now ??????

Talk about slow going fermenting. Not sure what to do either? Way too much work picking them flowers to give up.

What does it taste like?

It tastes quite nice when I was told it was an aquired taste I was wondering if I would like it. I have 2 elderflower on the go 1 fermented down quite quickly and the other stuck at 1030 and I tried a yeast starter in that too. Oh well maybe I should try a different recipie next year ;-) . Not giving up on them though, they will just be sweet wines with a low alcohol I think???

Last edited:
Yup if it's drinkable just call it a dandelion wine cooler, mark it up as experience. This is the first year I didn't make dandelion, decided to pass on the picking part.

Good luck

It was backbreaking I must admit but had to try it ;-) and I do like the taste ,will try again next year.

Well tried a bottle of dandelion tonight and got to say it was worth the effort shall be out with.the grandkids in April colleting more :-D

Glad it turned out!! I have noticed it is much better chilled.

Come on spring :)

Latest posts

Back