Critique My Equipment List and Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I am definitely not spending money on a wine pump right now. What are my other options?

Brake bleeder. $30. I have a brand new one I never even used (because I bought the AIO) if you're interested.

I'm with cpfan and richmke. Glass, floor corker, extra hydrometer, wait on corks. And definitely no spigot. I have the half inch tubing and never use it I only use the 3/8. Kit choice Is good, enjoy the Meza while the Tuscan ages. And welcome to the forum.

I would recommend the following

hydrometer
air locks which type ? I like 3 piece for primary and S - Style for secondary
ph strips or meter
sorbate ?
carboy cleaner - the original not a brush
bottle washer
santizer and bottle santizer and bottle tree
floor corker - if you can afford one or I like a Gilda
oxy clean to clean bottles if you have to - non chlorinated
razor blade and applicator to remove label;
acetone or such to remove adhesive
racking canes and tubing - 3/8''
bottle filer - 3/8''
large spoon to stir in the carboy
meta bisulfite
corks - not sure how long you are planing on aging ?
labels or a paint pen to label

I hope this helps ?

I can always show alot of pictures if you need to ?

If you have any personal wine questions - I will be more than happy to try and answer them -
Just Pm me

Last edited:
Thanks, I am definitely not spending money on a wine pump right now. What are my other options?

For degassing? You can use a "wine whip" or "mix-stir" and a hand drill. Or you can just age your wine in a carboy for 6 mos. to a year, and it will degas by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made my first vacuum pump for less than $10 years ago using the similar method like this youtube video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JksUmIwLLgM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JksUmIwLLgM[/ame]

It was quite noisy though and you don't want to run it for more than 30 minutes because it will overheat. But it'll be good enough for vacuum racking and degassing with an inline valve.

I know that there are others that try and duplicate the similar version of the Allinonewinepump but what they don't understand is that the vacuum pump itself is specifically designed for this unit.

That is why it is so unique and well developed.

Back