Crisp

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleydmn

Reaction score
My wife really enjoys the Vino Itailano Sauv. Blanc for and everyday house wine(unless the doc ask than it's a glass or 2 a week). My son enjoys it but asked if I could make it more Crisp. Not sure how I could do this so I am open for any ideas. What tweak could I do to make this more crisp?

From what i understand, it sounds like he's talking about acidity. You'd have to wrangle him for some bench trials to see how crisp, crisp is, to his taste buds. I'd measure out 3-5, 100ml samples and scale up some additions of tartaric acid (i wouldnt use acid blend) and have you/wife/son taste each one to see if theres a happy medium everyone agrees on, or if you'll be making two variations lol

Do some bench testing but I would take that to mean more acidic and fruity. I made a Riesling in which I juiced about a dozen Granny Smith Applies into the secondary fermenter. I think it added a certain "crispness" to the Riesling.

I think Rocky has the right idea with the granny smith apples. check the acid in the wine that you currently want to "crisp" and do some bench trails. Using the apples in one trail and like Deezil said add some tartaric acid to another bench trail and have them taste it.

This may sound dumb but how would I juice the apples? I have a batch that will be going into the secondary most likely on Sunday. I will also try the acid when my son comes over. Thanks for the ideas.

Thanks Rocky, I will be going shopping tomorrow. Everyone on this forum is great!!!!!

My wife really enjoys the Vino Itailano Sauv. Blanc for and everyday house wine(unless the doc ask than it's a glass or 2 a week).

I can't offer anything on the wine. But if your doc isn't comfortable with a glass or two a day (provided they are appropriately sized), get a new doc. :D

Friends, I cannot over state how important it is for us to listen to our doctors, particularly we "chronologically gifted." When my doctor told me to limit my wine intake to one glass a day, being the literal person that I am, I set about to find an appropriate glass. Here it is:

Back