Cricuts can be useful!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojabri

Frequent Lurker
Reaction score
Having a Cricut is useful for a lot of things! I recently discovered it can also be useful for home wine making!

After seeing this post http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f83/bottle-numbering-43446/index2.html I decided to make a few bottle tags. It only took a few minutes and I think they came out rather nicely!

Then I remembered Danger Dave's comment about always bottling Dragon Blood in clear bottles because it's so pretty. So, I decided to make a label with the dragon cut out so you can see through it. This is only a rough draft using what I had on-hand as materials, but it looks so much nicer in person than in the pic.

WP_000517.jpg

WP_000515.jpg

jojabri...the cut out dragon is killer....good job.
and i like the bottle tags...I use them because for my own wine, i dont have to put labels..

What cartridge did you use for the bottle tag?

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." - Aristophanes

another thing about the bottle tags...when you have a shelf storage system as i do...it looks impressive to see all the tags...some one comes over and wants wine, i tell them to go pick one from the rack, and they just swoon over the tags....lol
I tag what it is, when it was bottled, and abv.....

I didn't use a cartridge Shelley. I use the Sure Cuts A Lot program. I dunno if they make a cartridge with that particular cut. If you know your model and firmware, I can see if you are compatible with mine, and I could send you the program and files.

James, I don't have much of a rack yet :( apartment living stinks! But I now know how to make tags. I suppose I could go as far as making the longer tags to use as cards when giving a bottle as gifts. I mean I can print then cut out. Perhaps I have more exploring to do.

P.S. Thanks for the compliments all!

Last edited:
Wow Paul. Didn't think anyone would notice that. I needed a cheap, quick, space saving rack, and that's where my Lowe's journey lead me.

Back