Other Cranberry Shiraz won't clear

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winegirl

Reaction score
After many searches, I haven't found what I should do. I have a Prestige Fruit Wine Kit, Cranberry Shiraz. OG 1072, FG .996. I let it go dry in the primary, racked to secondary, added k-meta, degassed with vacuum pump until I could hold it at 22" with no eruption and got the slightly bigger bubbles. Temp was 72-74 F. Waited a couple of days before adding sorbate, the wine had started to clear on it's own, I could see a light through the top part of the carboy. Added F-pak and part 1 of clarifier, waited an hour, added part 2, 100% certain I did not reverse. There is a layer of sediment on the bottom of the carboy, but it will not drop anymore out. Not even the top is showing signs of clearing. I thought maybe I did not degass enough after all. Brought temp to 74-76 (stick on thermometer), vacuum degassed again, shook carboy a little, appears to be degassed. Still not dropping out. This has only been a week since adding the clearing agents, but with no sign of progress, I didn't know if I should do something else. Should I stir it all up again? Move it to a cooler location? Leave it alone at room temp?

let it go for a few more weeks. sometimes it takes a couple weeks for a clearing agent to work.

Ok, I'll keep it where it is and hope it shows some improvement. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back