Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't have any interest in a custom cork I am quite sure they would be happy to sell you a bag of 1000 very FRESH unbranded corks for a great price. The thing you have to realize when you purchase corks off Amazon or some other site is you have no idea how long those corks have been lying around. They could already be 18mo old and thats why somebody got a great deal on them and now is trying to unload them fast before they turn to rock. Lafitte has such high turnover they don't have stock lying around for very long before it is going out the door.

I haven't bought them but I priced them out. They are definitely not .12 each now from lafitte. I had them priced out a month ago and they were 140 + 55 for shipping. .19 cents per cork. I was paying 15-16 cents each from amazon.

This was for the Agllo 1+1 corks btw.

I paid $120 for 1000 but that was coming up on 3 years ago this August. I have less than 100 left so I will order a new bag this Summer when I do my big bottling of my 2014's red wines from grapes. I am still using mine now even at almost 3 years old as they have been stored in a sealed container with a jug of KMETA in the center so they stay humid enough to not dry out. The only thing I am using these last ones for are white wines that will all be drunk in a year or so max. So no long storage concerns. The corks are still in great shape even at this age.

Latest posts

Back