Cork question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phador

Green
Reaction score
I have 2 packages of 30 corks. One came in a cornucopia kit, the other came in a starter kit from Crosby/baker. One set is slightly shorter with vs1 on the cork, the other is a picture of grapes and is slightly longer and thinner. Any idea how I figure out what bottles to use with these corks? I've tried some store bought bottles I have and neither fit.

The vs1 ones would be #9 short (1.5 inches) and the grapes ones would be #8 long (1.75 inches) by the description. Both will fit most wine bottles. The best combo is #9 long for long term storage since the larger diameter and longer length gives you the best chance for a good seal. Both of your combos are probably best suited for short term use, say two years or less.
These may seem like they won't fit your bottles but they will when they are compressed by your corker. Make sure your bottles are ones that take corks and not screw tops.

Yes, as long as they are regular wine bottles. Some, like champagne bottles, may have smaller openings.

Latest posts

Back