confession

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
Ive been making wine for about 7 years but havent done much in the past 2 or 3
i MAKE A LOT FROM CHOKE CHERRYS OR welches frozen 100%

No choke cherrys yet sooo
Today i started something using super marked powder said to make 2 gallons of raspberry juice.
I added 3 gallons of water. it had an SG of 1.028
I added 5.6 pounds of sugar which i believe will give me a PA of 14%
Made a starter bottle with 1118.
Aerated the juice and pitched

I WONDER WHAT WILL EMERGE??? LOL LOL

think you will get a very thin wine with no body

I tried to make a koolade wine once but couldnt get the yeast to start. Sometimes powders have sodium benzoate in them and it is as antimicrobial as sorbate is. Good luck.

I tried to make a koolade wine once but couldnt get the yeast to start. Sometimes powders have sodium benzoate in them and it is as antimicrobial as sorbate is. Good luck.

I just checked it 7 AM Sunday-- Its cooking fine. I think i forgot to add nutrient and energizer though. I did aerate it with a stone for an hour. Ill look at the jar the powder came in for the ingredients. I looked for sorbate. Now ill add sodium benzoate to my vocabulary.
INGREDIENTS
SUGAR
FRUCTOSE
CITRIC ACID
TRICALCIUMPHOSPHATE
NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS
COLOR RED 40
ASCORBIC ACID
VITAMIN C

mmm sounds tasty lol

Last edited:
think you will get a very thin wine with no body
I guess that the thing. I was going to give it a dose of tannin and now after yout comment i think ill try some glycerine.

Any thoughts are always welcome. This is just a fill in experiment.:rdo:rdo

Its ferminting under lock now. Really cooking. I needed this whatever it is to get things rolling again, Ill look for frozen welches soon. Then ill see about making some real wine after that.

Latest posts

Back