Concord Grape Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui Joe

Reaction score
I just finished first racking of an experimental 1-gallon (store bought) grape juice which we consume daily. Had a yearn to try. So far it looks pretty good in the carboy. We'll see how well it continues down the road in three weeks or so. Next I'll try the Pineapple...testing recipes in 1-gallon amounts is not much of a loss if one doesn't like the outcome...of course friends that drink anythingWOULDN'T mind in any case if it's FREE!
smiley36.gif

I have several customers that have done exactly what you did and made wine from store bought grape juice. They have been extremely happy with the wine. I will be curious to learn how you feel about your wine.

I wish you would quit talking about pineapples! Its bad enough that you are IN Hawaii. I am jealous, OK? Hawaii is my favorite place to vacation. Spent a week on Maui and a day in Honolulu. My wife and 2 daughters cried when we were leaving. Hopefully, we can go back next sping.

Let us know how your wine turns out.

O'Kay, no more about Hawaii "unless asked." And I surely will let everyone know about how the wines turned out.
smiley36.gif

When I took Botany in college, the prof gave us a recipe to make wine
from frozen Concord concentrate. That's 90% of what I made back
then. It retains some of the Concord grape flavor (some call it
'foxy'-- somewhat pejoratively, which must mean they don't like it) and
makes a decent table wine that is quite drinkable after 1-3 months
aging. Reminescent of Mogan David, but not sweet like it.

You definitely attended a higher school than I. I cannot even pronounce pejoratively, much less know what it means!

smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back