Columbia Crest's Crowdsource Cabernet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being from CT, I am not following that sentence at all! More info is needed!

I said labeling, I meant licensing to sell in the state of Connecticut.

In Connecticut they have some laws about alcoholic beverages that are convoluted and messy from what I hear. I know you can't sell a beverage in Connecticut if you are from out of state and other local retailers cannot also sell it.

Like Trader Joe's. They cannot sell their own labelled wine and beer in Connecticut because no other retailer can sell it. If everyone can't sell it, then you can't sell it.

I believe only local (Connecticut) brew and wineries can. Though I don't know the exact laws. I just know something like that exists as the guys at Trader Joe's told me. Also, Columbia Crest told me that is why there was such a delay in sending my Crowdsource Cab. Probably because it isn't distributed by standard means. I have no idea how they were able to send it to me.

Actually, K & L wines told me the same thing. They will not send wine to me in Connecticut because they can distribute wines that you can't buy elsewhere in Connecticut.

So are there no craft breweries allowed in CT because they would only sell their beer in "their" store? I don't get it. This is Murika dagnabit! :tz

Looks like I won't be retiring to CT or PA! :)

So are there no craft breweries allowed in CT because they would only sell their beer in "their" store? I don't get it. This is Murika dagnabit! :tz

Looks like I won't be retiring to CT or PA! :)

Mike,
Your already in a retirement state! Little hot..... But

Steve

I will most likely open one soon and hold on to the other two for a while.

Yikes! Just went to order two bottles and they want $25 for shipping. Even when I'm logged in as a Reserve Club member. Granted, that's for 2 day (ground not even available and I wouldn't want to ship now with temps around 100F), but I'll wait another six weeks to see if Ground is an option.

Can you purchase and then hold for fall shipment? If you don't see it as an option, just call the number for the Reserve Club and tell them you want to have it held until it cools off. You my have to call back when you think its cool enough to ship but at least it won't be sold out before you know it.

Can you purchase and then hold for fall shipment? If you don't see it as an option, just call the number for the Reserve Club and tell them you want to have it held until it cools off. You my have to call back when you think its cool enough to ship but at least it won't be sold out before you know it.

Was looking for that option, but didn't see it on line. I'll try and give 'em a call.

FYI, the 2015 is now available for purchase and it looks like the 2014 just got 90 points from WS.

Never saw anything for 2016 or 2017. That's kinda disappointing. It was a fun thing to participate in. I'm probably going to grab a few bottles of the 2015 since I participated in that one. And who knows - since they don't seem to be doing it anymore, maybe it'll be a collectors item. :D

I saw the email. I haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger though. I ordered several of the 2014 vintage. It was good, but didn't blow my socks off.

Latest posts

Back