Christmas miscommunication

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sent my wish list to the family including a floor corker. Well, I ended up with 2. I guess 2 is better than none. Works great! Have to put the other one up for sale. Merry Christmas!ImageUploadedByWine Making1419571280.429046.jpg

I used one of that kind for many bottles and it worked great. One shortcoming with that model is that you can't bottle 375 ml bottles without one slight modification. It locks just short of the needed range for the short bottles so you need a spacer. A hockey puck works well, as will a three quarter inch block of wood as a spacer. Nice gift.

I used one of that kind for many bottles and it worked great. One shortcoming with that model is that you can't bottle 375 ml bottles without one slight modification. It locks just short of the needed range for the short bottles so you need a spacer. A hockey puck works well, as will a three quarter inch block of wood as a spacer. Nice gift.

I never experienced this problem. I am able to do 375 to 1.5 bottles with no issues

My Portuguese corker is the same. I use a 3 or 4 inch piece of scrap 2x4 if I'm sealing 375's.

My Portuguese corker is the same. I use a 3 or 4 inch piece of scrap 2x4 if I'm sealing 375's.

I guess it was not mentioned - the short or tall versions of the 375's
I also have the same corker and I have to put a spacer in when doing the short 375's

Latest posts

Back