Chocolate raspberry Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
For the people who make <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Raspberry</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">Port</st1:place>, try blending 50/50a batch of your <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Raspberry</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">Port</st1:place></st1:place> with a Chocolate Raspberry Kit it is awesome. This is what I did this year, I found the Chocolate raspberry kit is too strong in chocolate, but blend with a Raspberry Port (from fruit) it give the right amount of chocolate for my taste and you get twice more bottles.
smiley2.gif
smiley4.gif

Waldo said:
Can you post your recipe for the Rasberry Port?

smiley36.gif
I new this was coming

Raspberry Port (23 Litre)

43 Lbs of Raspberry (in a train bag)
4 Cups of red grape concetrate (for complexity,I use a cheap wine kit, this yearit isa Cab)
5 tsp of Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp Pectin Enzyme
Acid:8 g/l
9Bananas (for body)
Starting SG: 1.20

I do press the fruit (with bananas)with a grape press, I know some poeple gently squiz the bag, but my wine does not get bitter. I also add Oak ships during clearing. My finish SG is 1.020 after fortify with 84 % alcohol, final alcohol is 20%.
Got a couple of silvers with this recipe

A press usually only makes wine bitter when thereis seeds in there getting pressed. That recipe looks very good!

Latest posts

Back