WineXpert Chocolate Raspberry Port!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilljockey, I never tasted a port in my life until the raspberry chocolate port. And it tastes just like Wade states!!!

I made 1 kit of this last year and have ordered2 this year. I am also tempted to fortify this time with Brandy. Have any of you done that with this kit? If so, what is your recommendation? It is great without it so don't want to screw up a good thing.

That doesn'tsound like a bad idea...

But I would probably do it on like 25% of the batch, and try it. If its good, Do it on the rest, if not, mix it with the batch and there would be little traces.

Rick, I ordered 2 kits myself. It was kicked up enough I didn't need to fortify.
smiley4.gif

I've just ordered my CRP (didn't want to miss the deadline and wanted to use my birthday coupon too!) - but for those procrastinators out there, the deadline for pre-ordering is August 1 according the July newsletter from George.

Even in a slow economy, think ahead towards Xmas... for less than $10 a bottle you can have gifts that no one will be queueing up to return and you won't have to slog it out in the xmas shopping madness.

Come to think of it, why didn't I order two kits??
smiley24.gif
(Might be the piling up cases of wine I made last winter that are slated for Santa's Sleigh this year!)

For those of you who are "on the fence" - this kit is grrrrreeaat Yum Yum

I took a bottle of my CRPort from last year into the restaurant some relatives own, around closing (and picking up my daughter who works there), gave it to the owner and she opened it for the staff to try - with rave reviews and clamoring for more. (I should have gotten two kits this year... oh well)

There was a customer there who is a port afficianado and he was given a sample glass and was very impressed as well.

I plan to hold back at least 5 bottles from last year's batch to age up - if I can keep my hands off it that long!

I also ordered 2 kits....Can I combine both of these into one 6 gallon batch prior to fermentation?

I got two kits also - can't wait to get them going! George alerted meto be prepared that when combining two kits I will end up with a little more than 6 gallons after adding the f-pacs

If you combine two kits, do you put in all the additives for both kits? As in... two packs of bentonite, both k-meta, sorbate and 4 packs of yeast or are half of those sufficient for making 6 gallons?

I will be starting mine today as well.....1 question, would it be possible to secondary this in a 5 gallon carboy as opposed to a 3 gallon.....I'm trying to avoid buying another 3 gallon right now, but will if I have to......

There would be too much air space in a 5 and you would risk oxidation. The other option is to buy a second kit and make them together. Then you could secondary all of it in a 6!

Just a thought! =)

Joan, did you ever get an answer on these questions? I have the same questions.

Latest posts

Back